This week on The Business of Lifting Weights, we sit down with Pete Dupuis, Vice President and co-founder of Cressey Sports Performance to discuss finding and building a successful niche within the fitness industry.
1. The background to how Pete and Eric started CSP.
2. How CSP didn’t start out to capture the baseball niche, but let it develop naturally based on their skill set and location.
3. How to ensure your employees love your business, so your clients love your business.
4. How utilizing high level athletes is important in promoting and leveraging your brand.
5. What Pete has seen to be effective at keeping long term clients at CSP.
6. Pete’s formal education as an MBA graduate in business and how it both helped him.
7. The importance of different skill sets among business partners.
8. Obstacles Pete & Eric faced as they started their training business.
9. A major pricing structure hurdle that caused a major headache through their development.
10. Common mistakes new gym owners make starting out.
11. The most important things to consider when looking for space and signing a lease.
Please make sure to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any future topics, questions or feedback.
If you’d like to be notified by email when we publish new podcast episodes, Subscribe by Email.